Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Style Profile: Nya, the Sporty Casual Gen Z'er Who Loves a Pop of Pink

Image: Chelsea Todd
Style Profile is a series on Millennial and Gen Z consumers' fashion choices and preferences, personal style, and takes on where fashion is headed. 

Nya is a high school student who likes to keep it sporty casual. Here, she shares some of her favorite brands, purchases, and talks about what she loves about the current state of fashion. 

On her favorite brands: One of my favorite brands when I was younger was Baby Phat because I loved Kimora Lee Simmons and how much of a boss she was and still is. I also really liked House of Deréon, Beyoncé's brand. Another favorite write now that's an essential for me is American Eagle. I'm really tall, so they make jeans that fit me really well. Being tall, it's hard to find stuff that actually fits.

On her personal style: My style really depends on my mood, so sometimes I'm sporty and wear leggings or if I'm going out, I like something dressier. But overall, I dress pretty casually. Graphic t-shirts, shorts, you know. I love a sweat suit.

On following trends: If I see something I like, I just like it. It doesn't have to be a trend.

On her favorite influencers: Beyoncé. She always does something outside the box and stays ahead of the game. When she does something, it's always an instant hit.

A recent purchase she fell in love with: I got this really cute pink Champion sweat suit a while ago and it's probably one of the things I like to wear the most.

On shopping in-store versus online: I prefer to shop in-store so that I can try things on. I hate getting stuff that doesn't fit.

Her favorite outfit of all-time: My favorite outfit of all-time was one of my birthday outfits. It was a dress that was pink and sparkly and super girly. I love getting dressed up for events like homecoming or for going out to dinner, so it was literally perfect.

On where fashion is headed: I like a lot of what I'm seeing in fashion. All of the 90's and 80's inspired looks that are popping up are really cool and I can get with it.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig