Thursday, April 25, 2019

Style Profile: Juan, the Vintage Shopper & His Love of Pharrell Williams

Image: Chelsea Todd
Style Profile is a series on Millennial and Gen Z consumers' fashion choices and preferences, personal style, and takes on where fashion is headed. 

Juan is a student at University of Houston. Here, he discusses his style inspirations, favorite looks and pieces, and how much he loves Pharrell.

On his favorite brands and designers: For designers, I guess I like Pharrell Williams and what he's doing with Adidas. And Adidas is probably one of my favorite brands too.

His style inspirations: My style inspirations are definitely Pharrell and A$AP Rocky. I love both of them. Everything Pharrell does is unique and next level. He's amazing. He's got a book that has all of his creative ventures in it called "Places and Spaces I've Been." You should read it, it's crazy.

On his personal style:  I love rocking vintage. Stuff like vintage hip-hop shirts and Vans. Hoodies, sweatshirts, and things that are cool, but comfortable. 

On following trends: One of the last trends I got into was super destroyed denim. I remember A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti rocking that look a lot. That might be how I got into it.

A recent purchase he's fallen in love with: Probably this vintage Nas hoodie I got from a thrift shop on Montrose.

On shopping in-store versus online: I'm definitely an online shopper. The store is okay, but for most places I just like to get in and get out. Unless it's a thrift store. I'll go to one of those. 

His all-time favorite outfit: The jean jacket and layered hoodie look is my favorite. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig